That’s right, everyones favorite WordPress theme has gone back under the knife (:shock:). The new release will be a complete overhaul to the theme nearly 10,000 people have come to enjoy and love.
So what exactly is in store for this new version? We have a rough outline and timeline below, so have a look. Want more? Of course you do! Watch our flickr account for concept ideas which will eventually spawn into screenshots of PB3 itself before anyone else gets to see it. If you have a look right now you can see our homepage concept of what we have planned.
Prebuilt 3 – Things to come
- More Devlounge Feel – Many times I’ve received requests for “can I have this theme”, “will you release it” and things like that. Of course part of being who we are is continuing to provide an original design, so the Devlounge design will never be publicly released. Instead, we’ll be giving PB3 an entirely different approach to blogging, giving the theme a more “regular site” appearance than a blog appearance.
- Loops and more loops – The homepage of PB3 will be the roller coaster of WordPress themes. We’ll be running multiple custom loops that will allow the homepage to be dynamic and fun, with only a few changes here and there required to get things going.
- Don’t call us wide! – PB3 will integrate the ability to expand and decrease the page width quickly and unobtrusively thanks to the Custom Reading Containers script.
- Show / Hide Comments – Don’t want comments clogging your page? By default, comments will be hidden, allowing the div to be expanded and collapsed to keep comments hidden except when someone wants to comment or read them. This means quicker load times and a more direct effect on the importance of the article itself, while still giving visitors all the power in the world to leave their responses. And of course, this will be optional and you’ll easily be able to show the comment form no matter what by removing one line of code.
Right now things are looking like this. Of course, dates are subject to change and can be pushed up or pushed back (but most likely up).
- End January, Early Feb – Pre planning process.
- Feb – Mid/Late Feb – Rough coding (imageless)
- Late Feb – Early March – Graphic work
- Early March – Mid March – Final coding work
- Late March – PB3 Final release for WP
Thoughts, concerns, suggestions? Leave them in the comments.