After 6 successful months and two different designs, we’re looking to expand our reach and put together the most unique and feature filled site around.
Devlounge 3 – The Plan
Throughout the next month to month and a half, we want to begin work on the next Devlounge, version 3. We want to break from the mold we followed for version one and two, and give the reader an easier access to content and our other site wide features. Once again, our content and features are to remain key to the usability of the design and the site.
Some possible features / ideas:
- Use AJAX (when approriate) to rotate between content / features without leaving certain pages.
- Continued use of WP, or custom Ruby cms.
- User specific features – homepage content would pull latest articles from a users specified favorite category if logged in.
- User to user messaging, so visitors can go beyond simply reading articles, but getting help and suggestions from the entire Devlounge community.
Devlounge 3 – The Needs
Unfortunatly, although I’d love to have an unlimited budget to put together version three, I have exactly the opposite – no budget. We need a quality and dedicated team willing to work together to put together the very best article resource around. Your name & link will be cemented in stone as a Devlounge contributor, and you will be part of the innovation in what a design / development site should really be like.
We need the following:
- A few extra designers to work with me to develop the cleanest, most user friendly resource.
- PHP / RoR coders – To help along with backend coding and putting together some of our powerful features.
- Flash Designers – Possibly may be needed to put together some kick ass interactive stuff or movies.
Shoot an email via the contact form below, let’s get in touch and get to work.